Sep 22, 2010

autumn

Happy Autumn to you all!
When I stood in the river last week, with rainwater literally streaming into my waders from above (yes, I had to get out of the water, out of the waders, take off my soaked trousers, hang them into a tree and get into my second pair of (dry) waders just in my knickers, brrrr) I thought it would be cold and grim from now on. This week - now that the fieldwork is over and I have to stand in the lab - the sun has come out for two days of Indian Summer. And all of a sudden the rocket has decided to blossom, after 1.5 years of hesitation. The hover flies love it:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't fieldwork a lark? Last week I ended up doing some uni work in a sitka spruce plantation and got scratched to ribbons.

What I really like about your picture is the shadow of the hoverflies antennae - adorable!!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing shot!

VALKYRIEN said...

What a great macro! beautiful colours, and great focus on the spot!

Lucy Corrander said...

You must be so pleased with this - the detail is wonderful. The lighting and angle take it beyond a scientific study and the shadow of antennae gives it the spice of humour.

Lucy

Light and Voices said...

Nice color. Good composition. Macro shot is excellent.
Joyce M